Why “goals”? Because “resolutions” don’t work. They have a silent stigma around them that makes you think you only have to do them for a short amount of time. If you have a goal, that suggests that you must complete it.
For example: “My New Years resolution is to go to the gym.” People who say this 9/10 only go for 2 months at the most.
“My 2016 Goal is to go to the gym at least 10 times a month.” This is much more feasible and gives you a number to focus on. You could easily put that in a to-do app or on your calendar.
Now for my list:
- Get straight A’s This one is kind of basic, but I got a B in Biology for Majors last semester and I’m making sure that won’t happen this semester!
- Get my driver’s license I know, I know. I’m super late to the driving party.
- Get a job and put all of the money I make into my college fund This goes along with my next one which is…
- Save at least $6,000 for tuition
- Read 30 books I always have a book goal for the year. The last 2 years have been 50 and 40.
- Go to at least one concert I love concerts and music festivals! They’re such a good way to show support to your favorite musicians and make memories.
- Apply to my dream college I’m not going to say where due to personal security, but it’s pretty amazing!
- Get 25,000+ views on Jaedyn
- Do some form of exercise a day Yoga, swimming, the elliptical in the gym, etc.
- Get my belly button pierced and my second earring holes repierced
- Take a spring break trip
- Take a summer trip
Happy New Years! Comment your goals for 2016!