- Switch soda, coffee, or anything else for water When I crave coffee or soda, I pour a tall glass of water and drink every last drop. It quenches my thirst while hydrating me and not staining my teeth.
- Add lemon to your water Lemon is great for washing toxins out of your body, and so is water. Put them together, and you have a super drink! I use lemon juice, but you could always slice a lemon and put that in your water as well.
- Put less sugar in your coffee or tea It’s quite simple. When you go to Dunkin’ don’t ask for seven sugars or “extra sugar” like I do, but instead, take it how it usually comes or with 2.
- Use almond milk instead of cream I did this the other day on a whim. Instead of putting cream in my coffee, I used organic almond milk from HEB. Almond milk contains heart-healthy fats and fewer calories than cream. Plus, it doesn’t taste different!
- Eat fruit for breakfast When I go to the dining hall for breakfast, they usually have grapes, melons, apples, bananas, and oranges. (Some days they even have strawberries!) I take a bowl and fill it with fruit, and that’s my breakfast! Sometimes I’ll also get some yogurt, and I always get water.
- Eat frozen yogurt instead of ice-cream Once again, lower in calories etc etc. Also tastes good.
- When you want to binge snack- make yourself eat healthy My little sister binge snacks on blueberries. I want to complain, but I’m glad it’s not on gross, fake food instead like my other little sister. When I watch Netflix, I’ll make myself a bowl of cut up strawberries, an apple, and a banana. This bowl fills me up, so for me it’s a great, healthy lunch.
- Get light buttered or sea salt popcorn To me, these kinds of popcorn actually taste better than normal popcorn. Way better, to be exact. This is the kind my dad buys.
- Drink a smoothie or a shake throughout the day to kill snack cravings How to subdue your snacking tendencies and be nutritious? Buy or make your own smoothie or shake! My roommate and I buy Shakeology from my mom and we drink it every day. We’re both happier and healthier! This is where we buy it. (This is not sponsored)
- Instead of playing on your phone when you’re bored, exercise Why scroll through the same old Facebook memes when you could be bettering your body and mind? Next time you want to waste time on your phone, try some new yoga poses or do a quick workout instead.
Those are my tips! Have a happy and healthy new year.