Most people enjoy spending alone time in their room, so why not make your room a getaway that is comfy, warm, and has all of your favorite things? I used 2 lists to brainstorm and make my room the best it could be.
The first step is making a list of things that you like in general, and that bring you comfort. Brainstorm ways to incorporate these things into your room.
Some are obvious; I love stuffed animals and they comfort me, so I should keep a lot of stuffed animals in my room.
Here’s a list of things I like:
- Blankets and pillows
The second list is for things that you generally dislike that make you uncomfortable. For example, I hate sleeping in the dark, so I have Christmas lights to make me more comfortable without affecting my sleep.
Here’s a list of things I don’t like:
- Sleeping alone
- Having too much in my room
- A hard mattress
- An un-homelike feeling
- Bare walls
Looking at these two lists, I had to counteract the bad things and incorporate the good things. My final list of things to do in my room was this:
- Bring more stuffed animals from my mom’s house and put them around my dorm
- Hang drawings, paintings, and posters on the walls
- String enough Christmas lights around my room so that it’s not too bright, but has enough light to make me feel better
- Put extra pillows and blankets on my bed and couch
- Buy a few plants to put on my windowsill
- Bring home things I don’t use to reduce clutter
- Move my furniture to create an atmosphere I liked better
- My boyfriend got me a HUGE teddy bear, and I cuddle it at night
Let me know if you used Jaedyn’s 2 Lists Method to make your room better to be in!