I got my hair cut a little too short for comfort, so I’ve been trying to find actual ways to help my hair grow. One thing that I see everywhere are hair masks (made with breakfast foods lol). Since there are so many around the web, I made my own that’s a mixture of some highly regarded mixes. The point of this mask is to give nutrients back to stripped hair and promote healthy growth.
- 1 egg
- A splash of milk
- About a tablespoon of ginger powder
- A little bit of olive oil
- [You can also add vanilla extract which helps take away the gross smell of raw eggs]
The Nighttime Routine
- Whisk everything together in a bowl
- Untangle your hair by brushing it
- Pour/pat the mask all over your hair (especially the scalp so it can absorb the nutrients)
- Put your hair in a bun so everything stays together
- Top it off with a shower cap so you don’t mess up your bed sheets
In the Morning
- Take off the shower cap and your hair elastic
- Get in the shower and rise out all of the mask
- Use shampoo to make sure you get everything out (I used Tea Tree’s “Special Shampoo”)
- Use a little bit of conditioner at the ends of your hair
- Air dry your hair
The point of this mask is to give nutrients back to stripped hair and promote healthy growth.
Let me know if it helped you!