When shopping for your new puppa friend remember that don’t have to get everything at full price. You can buy from a friend, use coupons, see what you have lying around, etc. When shopping for Jean I used Petco’s Welcome to the Family coupon book and coupon calendar as well as PetSmart’s Puppy Guide. See my reviews on those here. I also made use of what I had in the house and used other family pets’ old things.
T O Y S
- Petco Petco Brand Tennis Ball (99 cents)
- Petco Leaps & Bounds Little Chews Teething Ring ($8)
- Petco Nylabone Bacon Flavored Moderate Chew Tiny Toy Twin Pack ($5.79)
- PetSmart Top Paw Giraffe Plush with Squeaker ($3)
- Frog squeaker from my Mom
- Stingray plush I won at a carnival
Little note: I make sure to wash these before I give them to my puppa. If they’re rubbery I wash them like dishes and if they’re plushes I wash them with her blankets.
H Y G I E N E
- Petco SoPhresh XL 5 cup holding Puppy Pads 10 count ($9)
- Petco SoPhresh Oxy Lift Dog Stain & Odor Remover Spray (Free with any SoPhresh puppy pads purchase and coupon) (This actually cost more than the pads but was free)
- PetSmart Merrick Small Mint Dental Chew (Free with a coupon)
- Dawn dish soap from home
- Small towel from my Mom
F O O D
- PetSmart 6 IAMS Wet Puppy Food Cans ($1.49 each)
- Petco Instinct Healthy Cravings Chicken Recipe (3 oz) – (Free with coupon)
- Petco Whole Hearted Chicken and Pea Dry Puppy Food (5 lbs.) – (Free with $20 purchase)
- Petco Instinct Raw Boost Mixers Chicken (1 oz) – (Free with coupon)
A C C E S S O R I E S
- Petco Bond & Co. 2 collar set – 10% off with a coupon ($9)
C O M F O R T
- Blankets and pillows from home
- Small, out-grown kennel from my dad’s big girl poodle
S T O R A G E
- Wal-Mart 3 Compartment Organizer ($10)
- Baskets from home
- Over-the-door shoe rack from home
In total we’ve spent $57 instead of $90 on things we bought, not including how much the stuff we got from home or from family/friends would’ve been. That’s like paying only 63% whenever I shop for my baby dog! Honestly, not eating out and shopping selfishly + using coupons makes it so much easier financially to support a pup.
What did you get on your first puppy haul?
Jean and Giada