This is so simple it’s ridiculous. Simply mix together 2 parts coconut oil to 1 part coffee. So, if you mix 2 cups of coconut oil and 1 cup of coffee, it’ll do the trick!
Some of these ideas are totally cliche, some not. I separated them by the kind of break you want to have: chill, adventurous, or learning.
Chill Spring Break Ideas:
- Have a Netflix marathon of a new show (I started watching “Love” on Netflix with my best friend)
- Stay up late with your best friend(s) and just talk
- Go summer clothes thrift shopping
- Play video games (I like Star Wars Battlefront)
- Binge play the Jenner’s new game (Kendall and Kylie)
- Finish reading that book you’ve been ignoring
- Have a picnic with your siblings
- Host a card game night
- Roast marshmallows in your backyard
- Go to the farmer’s market
- Host a movie marathon
- Attend your university’s games or competitions
- Visit a nursing home and hang out with them
- Call your family members
- Mail letters to people
- Print coloring sheets or break out a coloring book
- Visit family members
Adventurous Spring Break Ideas:
- Travel to your neighboring state or country
- Camp at a national park
- Have a beach day
- Tie-Die things (sheets, t-shirts, pillow cases, a tapestry)
- Have a LUSH private party
- Go on a cruise
- Go on a whale watch
- Go someplace you’ve always wanted to go
- Go on a steamboat cruise
- Go to a concert (local music or a band you like)
- Have a campfire on the beach
- Visit a pick-your-own-produce farm
- Have a Galentine’s Day style dinner
- Go to a community play
- Visit your friend from your old neighborhood
- Visit friends from your old school
- Go to your University’s away games or competitions
Ways to Learn this Spring Break:
- Start an online class
- Learn coding from Code Academy
- Visit local museums
- Visit local art galleries
- Visit your local library
- Take a free online class
- Brush up on your language skills
- Study for your finals
- Take a one-time dance lesson
- Brush up on your drawing skills via YouTube lessons
- Brush up on your instrument skills via YouTube lessons
- Read a book for pleasure
- Read a book for class
- Study for your midterms
- Read ahead for your classes
Put me on Pinterest!
I work 17 hours a week and go to college for 15 credit hours this semester. I also have to do hours of homework, food shopping, sleep, clean, and make time for my friends and boyfriend. I’m a very busy young lady.
The concept of relaxing never really hit me until very recently. I don’t like to relax. I don’t want to relax. I could be doing “better things with my time- more productive things…” But honey, taking care of you and your mental/emotional/physical well-being is productive. You must take care of yourself before anything else. And once I start relaxing, I feel way better.
With my newfound desire for relaxation, I decided to share a list of how I relax with you all.
How Jaedyn Relaxes
- I’ll get lost in a book
- I take a warm bath with bubbles and Epsom salts
- I have a girls night where we order pizza and watch a movie
- If I really need it, I’ll take a nap between classes
- I say “no” to things that A. Will overwhelm me B. Make my schedule way to packed C. Don’t pertain to me
- I make time for yoga to focus on mindful breathing. It really helps during the day when you get overwhelmed.
- Talk a walk for pleasure not with an objective in mind (i.e. walking to the dining hall to get lunch doesn’t count)
- Sometimes I’ll literally just sit down, close my eyes, and practice the mindful breathing mentioned before
- If there’s an app I really like, I’ll play it when I’m stressed and need to get my mind off my something. I’m currently playing Neko Atsume (Kitty Collector)
- I will hug/ cuddle someone. I saw my good friend Amanda one day and walked up to her and hugged her. I’ll cuddle my boyfriend all the time. You know why? Because it’s sooooo cathardic.
- Sometimes my siblings will rub my feet for a fee, but it’s worth it, especially if you live on a college campus and you’re constantly walking around.
- Watch Netflix or TV
Alright, those are some ways I relax! As people comment, I’ll add on to the post so it can become extremely helpful!